« Home | Excellent program about Google » | Perlorian brothers » | MSN originals » | Soonr (2) » | Soonr » | P&G creates TV Show » | Great ads from Apple » | Channel 4 puts the complete first season of Lost ... » | Jumbo Shrimp Marketing » | Ads of the World » 

Monday, May 08, 2006 

Some thoughts

When looking at the program about Google on Uitzendinggemist I had to think about the postings I read on Unbundled advertising at MIT Advertising Lab and at Donata Communications. I only watch tv programs when I've read about it on some blog I have in my RSS Feeder, just as I did with the Google program. I have never come home, started my computer and watched or zapped randomly to watch tv on my pc as I would do with normal tv watching. Wouldn't it be an idea to use web 2.0 features on those tv programs where I would be able to go to one site where I have selected the watching list of a few people I trust so that I can find interesting or entertaining programs in only a few clicks? This will become even more interesting once you have site such as Uitzendinggemist for many more countries or channels. This reminds me of even another posting I found on Trendwatching about "Curated consumption". I believe this will become very important for content providers and tv companies. I would love to have some Amazon-like features that tell me what other people watched after you have seen something of interest. Just an idea!

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Geert
  • From Leuven, Belgium
  • Originally from Brussels, lived in Cape Town - South Africa and Paris - France and now back in Leuven - Belgium, I studied applied linguistics, did a Master in E-business at the university of Brussels and an MBA at the University of Liverpool. Currently working as Business Development Manager / Strategic Consultant at Tagora

LinkedIn profile


Links






Pimp MySpace.com


Add to Google

Syndicate this site

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Technorati Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates