« Home | Sony Bravia: again » | Making this blog interactive » | There's a secret in my shorts » | Last.fm » | craigslist: brussels » | Mobile Film Festival » | Millennium Music Movies Books » | blogging doubled stormhoek sales in less than twel... » | Alternative use of billboard advertising » | Pew Internet & American Life Project Report: Women... » 

Thursday, January 05, 2006 

Measuring Marketing: Beyond ROI

Great article:Measuring Marketing: Beyond ROI
It clearly describes how difficult it is to find a standard in accountability in marketing. Another thing that struck me when reading this article, was that Marlboro has the most accountable brand today and this by cutting their media spending almost to zero (due to legal reasons) and by only using direct communication tools towards their customer base.
Shouldn't we all cut above the line advertising and put all are money in the pockets of our loyal customers? Why doesn't Nokia (I've been a Nokia customer since I bought my first cellphone in 1998) invite me to Finland for a trekking with reindeers or something. Or why can't I go on a shopping spree in Redmond because I've been a loyal customer of all of Microsofts products. Just a thought ;-)

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm Geert
  • From Leuven, Belgium
  • Originally from Brussels, lived in Cape Town - South Africa and Paris - France and now back in Leuven - Belgium, I studied applied linguistics, did a Master in E-business at the university of Brussels and an MBA at the University of Liverpool. Currently working as Business Development Manager / Strategic Consultant at Tagora

LinkedIn profile


Links






Pimp MySpace.com


Add to Google

Syndicate this site

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Technorati Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates